Week 3 – Assignment Leadership
This writing assignment will be an exploration of several leadership theories that you have read about this week.
- Part One: Choose two of the theories below to compare and contrast thoroughly. Be sure to include what makes them similar, as well as what makes them different, and where you believe each could be applied most appropriately within an organization based on your text (using citations) and your personal experiences. If using a chart to help you organize the information would be helpful to you, please include it as a “Figure 1:” within your paper; however, this is not required. The heading for this part of your assignment will be “Part One.”
Click here to view the Comparison/ Contrast Essays video. [Transcript available located under More option].
- Authentic Leadership Theory
- Ethical Leadership Theory
- Spiritual Leadership Theory
- Charismatic Leadership
- Implicit Leadership Theory
- Leader-Member Exchange Theory
- Path-goal Theory
- Fiedler’s Contingency Model
- Part Two: Choose one theory, excluding one you chose for Part Two, that you can recall being applicable to one (or more) of your workplace conflict experiences. This should be introduced with the heading “Part Two” clearly labeled. Explain the event/scenario and how it characterizes the theory you chose.
Your assignment should be a thorough exploration of each section, demonstrating your understanding of how these theories can be applied in the workplace. You should appropriately cite your text, as well as any additional sources you may utilize. Use the rubric to self-evaluate to assure both parts are sufficiently addressed.
- Must be five to six double-spaced pages in length, not including the title or references pages, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph which will outline the two parts to be addressed within the paper.
- Must address the topics with critical thought and support all assertions with peer-reviewed sources.
- Must end with a conclusion that synthesizes your findings about leadership theories.
- Must use at least one peer-reviewed sources from the Ashford University Library, not including your textbook.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the In-Text Citation Guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the APA References List.