SLP module 3 hrm
Module 3 – SLP
Global Executive Pay Levels
The expansion of global business by firms based in both the United
States and other countries has raised executive compensation issues.
Senior executives in the United States continue to earn higher salaries
than similar executives in other countries.
In the United States, critics of executive pay levels point out that
many U.S. corporate CEOs have a ratio value of more than 350 times that
of the average workers in their firms, while in Britain the ratio is 22,
in Canada it is 20, and in Japan it is 11.
After doing some research on global executive pay levels, write a
persuasive paper explaining why you are for or against U.S. executives
making significantly more than their employees.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Your paper should be short (2-3 pages, not including the cover sheet,
and references. You are expected to deal with these issues in an
integrated fashion, rather than treating them as a series of individual
questions to be answered one by one and left at that.
You will be particularly assessed on:
- Your completion of all the steps in the exercise.
- Your ability to synthesize information and present a concise and meaningful paper.
- The clarity and quality of your writing.
SLP Assignment Expectations (Structure)
- Make sure that you use your own language (rather than copying sentences from the article).
- Your paper will be graded based on the following criteria:
Precision, Clarity, Breadth, Depth, Grammar/Vocabulary, Referencing, and
- Use 12-point type size (Times New Roman), double-spacing, and one-inch margins. Add a cover page and a references list.
- Cite your sources: APA Style – Trident requires all PhD work to be
in APA form. We also encourage all other students to comply with
guidelines for proper citation of references. You may use the tutorial
found on the following link (press “view the tutorial”): http://www.apastyle.org/learn/tutorials/basics-tutorial.aspx?apaSessionKey=4532A4A4911C1E8D5E885C141739A382