https://writingarena.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/walogo.png 0 0 Peter https://writingarena.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/walogo.png Peter2023-03-13 18:16:432023-03-13 18:16:43Plutarch – Vice
Plutarch – Vice
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Need an answer from similar question? You have just landed to the most confidential, trustful essay writing service to order the paper from.
Just from $13/Page
No MLA style required. No sources needed. Opinion based. Extremely short responses is all that is required.
After reading Plutarch’s writing “Vice,” answer the following questions:
- Plutarch seems to deny that vice contains any real pleasure or satisfaction. Do you agree? Why or why not?
- Do you agree with his claim that persons given over to vice are “poor company” for everyone, including themselves? Explain why or why not.
- Plutarch associates vice with a troubled nature, and virtue with a contented, serene nature. Are those correlations realistic?
- Plutarch claims that the person of vice is subject to the ills of poverty, while the person of virtue transcends them. Does this claim have merit?
- In your opinion, what effect does economic circumstance have on a virtuous or a vicious nature?
Post your thoughts and comments on all the above questions.