https://writingarena.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/walogo.png 0 0 Peter https://writingarena.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/walogo.png Peter2023-02-13 14:31:022023-02-13 14:31:02nheritance and Genetic Engineering, SCI 115 Discussions help
nheritance and Genetic Engineering, SCI 115 Discussions help
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Need an answer from similar question? You have just landed to the most confidential, trustful essay writing service to order the paper from.
Just from $13/Page
1. “Inheritance and Genetic Engineering”
- Read the Hastings Science and Technology Law Journal entitled, “Concerns Associated with Expanding DNA Databases” found at (http://scienceandtechlaw.org/concerns-associated-with-expanding-dna-databases/) then briefly discuss your understanding of DNA fingerprinting technology. Next debate whether or not you would submit your DNA to a national DNA fingerprint database. Justify your response.
- Read the Molecular Therapy article entitled, “The State of Gene Therapies: The FDA Perspective found at (http://www.nature.com/index.html) then briefly describe your understanding of gene therapy technology. Next take stance as to whether or not you think genetic therapy is dangerous when using human clinical trials. Justify your response.
- Explain in 250 words the science behind why human eyes come in so many colors. Next briefly discuss your understanding of Mendelian and non-Mendelian patterns of inheritance then describe how human eye color can be determined in relation to patterns of inheritance.
- Using the internet and Strayer databases choose three (3) recent advances in genetics, development, and geology and explain two (2) ways your chosen advances have enriched our understanding of evolution. Next suggest two (2) ways that new sources of evidence for evolution can help to corroborate observations that were made by early evolutionary thinkers.
- Read the Science article entitled, “Humans have more primitive hands than chimpanzees” found at (http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/07/humans-have-more-primitive-hands-chimpanzees). Next provide a brief summary of the article and discuss whether or not you think humans have more primitive or advanced hands than chimpanzees. Justify your response.
- Read the Economist article entitled, “Evidence of past tsunamis may indicate the likelihood of future ones” found at ( http://www.economist.com/news/science-and-technology/21656640-evidence-past-tsunamis-may-indicate-likelihood-future-ones-knowing) provide a 250 word argument for or against the idea that past events will be a predictor of future tsunamis based on what you have learned about fossil evidence.