Need science help with a paper about Evaluating Science Resources
Evaluating Science Resources
In Unit 1 you learned how to determine whether a resource was reliable and
reputable and how to best apply such a source of information to your everyday
life. To reinforce this skill, you will apply this knowledge by researching and
evaluating two different resources on one scientific topic. Pick a topic that is
related to any field of science, such as chemistry, physics, biology, or
geology, and think of a question that you would like to find an answer to. For
example, “Is global warming causing more earthquakes?” Or “What is the best
treatment for my allergies?” Discuss how, and why, you chose your question.
To complete this Assignment:
- Locate two resources about a scientific topic that interests you: one from
a scientifically reputable resource and another from a questionable
- Write a brief summary of these two articles and an explanation of the
differences between the reliability of these resources.
- What characteristics make one more scientifically valid than the other? Be
sure to indicate which resource is the scientifically reputable resource and
which resource’s reliability is questionable. Present both your resources in
Basic Writing Expectations:
- 400 words minimum.
- Free of grammatical and spelling errors.
- No evidence of plagiarism.
- Use of APA style for References Page and citations. Refer to the APA Quick