globalization and resistance
Second Paper Instructions: I ATTACHED THE DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS IN FILES.
Second paper onWE ARE THE POOR:
lDevelop an analytical discussion of this book in relation to the larger themes of “globalization and resistance”.
lWhat does the author mean by “the poors”?
lHow has the struggle for justice and inequality in South Africa developed since the end of apartheid?
lWhat has changed, according to the author?
lWhy in the author’s view and in your analysis did the leadership of the anti-apartheid struggle betray the poor?
lHow is this case study on South Africa related to globalization, global capitalism, and to the larger themes we have been covering in the course (globalization, international working-class movement, global immigrant justice movement, indigenous and anti-racist struggles, etc)?
YOU SHOULD NOT MERELY ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS, WHICH ARE MERELY TO HELP GUIDE YOU. YOU MUST WRITE AN ANALYTICAL ESSAY NOT A QUESTION-AND-ANSWER REPORT.
GENERIC GUIDELINES FOR PAPER
- Your assignments should have strong, coherent thesis statementsat the beginning of the paper. The thesis statement should be specific and clear. It should tie together the different points you will address in the paper.
- Description is necessary, but not sufficient. You are advised to include a brief but specific summary of what you are writing about(eg, a film, a book, a website)that introduces the features on which your analytical arguments will focus. There is relevant and irrelevant information about your topic of discussion (e.g, a film); make sure that the information you include in your summary is relevant to
- Instead, the bulk of your papers should be comprised of a serious analysisof the particular topic in relation to the course. Here you will want to employ the terms, concepts, theories, and insights garnered from the course in your analysis.
- What insights into globalization does the film, or website, or reading reflect?
- What concepts or terms doe the it illustrate, and how?
- Citationsshould always include the author’s last name, year of publication, AND PAGE NUMBER.
- Please use 12 point, Times New Roman font, and 1” margins,3-FULL PAGES, Double-spaced
- explain the overall premiseof what you are discussing in relation to
the course and
b)ground your analytical argument.
DO NOT let description and summaries dominate your paper!
PLEASE GO TO THIS WEBSITE TO READ THIS BOOK:
WE ARE THE POORS