https://writingarena.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/walogo.png 0 0 Peter https://writingarena.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/walogo.png Peter2022-12-21 22:00:372022-12-21 22:00:37ERP questions Distinguish between a business function and a business process
ERP questions Distinguish between a business function and a business process
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Need an answer from similar question? You have just landed to the most confidential, trustful essay writing service to order the paper from.
Just from $13/Page
Note: please ask for the ppt once you get the questions, cuz the answers should be from the ppt.
- Define/Describe what an organization is.
Distinguish between a business function and a business process. Use an example to explain how a
business process can cut across functional lines in an organization.
Why do managers organize their teams in terms of business process instead of functional
departments? What benefits do you see from this way of organization?
We know there are mainly four functional areas for most companies. What are the four areas of
operations? Show what kind of functions each area performs and the information flow by using an
organization of your choice as an example.
- What are the main characteristics of an ERP system?
- Why does a business need an ERP system? Use examples to support your argument.
- Why is Enterprise Architecture important?
- What are different areas that we can develop enterprise architecture?
- Name a few architecture framework*
- Identify scenarios when an ERP may not be appropriate for a given business.
Use examples to illustrate problems associated with un-integrated systems in a specific functional
area (e.g. Sales & Marketing, SCM) that can lead to company-wide inefficiency. Then discuss how
an ERP system can help avoid these problems.
Based on your research, class discussion, and students’ presentations regarding the success and
failure of ERP implementation,
What are the key things that organizations need to follow in order to make the implementation of
an ERP successful?
- What kind of road blocks organizations may expect in such implementation?
- How to avoid problems during the implementation?
Make sure that you are able to present some cases to support your discussion**
- What are the key things that organizations need to follow in order to make the implementation of
- Name at least three ERP vendors
- Discuss the benefits of CRM
- What is supply chain?
- In which situation the supply chain will be more efficient?
- What are the three general approaches to production?
- How do you determine the production schedule? (should be able to carry out simple calculation)
- What principles does a production planner follow?
- What is BOM?
- How does the traditional supply chain work?
- Discuss how the ERP help facilitate supply chain efficiency.
- How does an ERP system improve the efficiency of production and purchasing processes?
- How do you measure the performance of SCM?
- Compare CRM and SCM.
- Identify or present the right meaning for the abbreviations used in this course (e.g. ERP, CRM,SCM, SOP, BOM).