Write a 10-15 page paper in which you will reflect on your philosophy of counseling. Your philosophy will include characteristics you think are necessary of counselors, your view of the role as a counselor, how you view the role of the client, and how your relationships, spirituality, and counseling practice will interact as a career in counseling is pursued. In the paper, the student should reflect on:
1) How your current and past relationships might impact your practice of counseling.
2) How your own spirituality, theology, and worldview may impact your practice of counseling.
3) How other life experiences may impact counseling practice.
4) How this class has impacted your understanding of counseling.
5) What strengths do you have that may help for future counseling.
6) What weaknesses/issues need to be addressed by you as you pursue a career in counseling?
7) How you will implement self-care strategies.
8) Evaluate how your background and personality influence the helping relationship.
9) Discuss how you will (or will not) use technology in counseling, and address the role of technology on the counseling process.
You should extensively reference a minimum of five scholarly sources in the paper without using block quotes. The paper will follow APA format for title page, reference page, double space, one-inch margins, and Times New Roman. The paper will also be graded on grammar and punctuation.
I will provide you login information reltaed to the textbooks utilized in the class. The books are as follows:
Martin, D.G. (2016) Counseling and therapy skills. Long Grove, Illinois. Waveland Press Inc.
Nichols, M. P. (2009). The Lost Art of Listening: How Learning to Listen Can Improve Relationships. New York, NY: The Guilford Press.
Cormier, L., Nurius, P. & Osborn, C. (2017). Interviewing and change strategies for helpers. Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.