Bullying case study
Week 8 Case Study 2 Submission
Click the link above to submit your assignment.
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Case Study 2: Bullying: The Amanda Todd Story
Due Week 8 and worth 130 points
Recent history illustrates that bullying is a growing problem among today’s youth in the United States. Amanda Todd, for example, was only fifteen (15) years old when she committed suicide after being bullied by her peers for over a year.
Watch the video titled “Amanda Todd’s Story: Struggling, Bullying, Suicidal, Self-harm” (8 min 55 s).
Video Source: ChisVideos. (2012, October 11). Amanda Todd’s Story: Struggling, Bullying, Suicidal, Self-harm [Video file]. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej7afkypUsc.
This video can be viewed from within your online course shell.
Use your textbook, the Internet, and / or Strayer Library to research articles on bullying cases that occur today.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Describe at least two (2) types of bullying to which Amanda Todd was subjected.
- Identify at least three (3) consequences that Amanda Todd experienced as a result of being bullied, and discuss her attempts to deal with them.
- Recommend two (2) strategies that you believe Amanda’s parents, teachers, and authorities could have used in order to reduce episodes of bullying of Amanda and thus prevent Amanda’s suicide.
- Compare at least two (2) similarities and two (2) differences between the bullying cases that take place today with those cases that took place when you attended high school.
- Explain the key contributing factors that you believe led to bullying behaviors. Next, suggest at least three (3) ways in which prevention programs can reduce bullying cases overall.
- Use at least two (2) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explore the relationship of illicit drugs, gangs, and forms of delinquency.
- Explicate the types of prevention programs that are likely to work with high-risk youngsters.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in juvenile delinquency and justice.
- Write clearly and concisely about juvenile delinquency and justice using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric found here.